Students in Grades 2-5 are invited to participate in the 4th Annual SES Invention Convention, an optional independent study activity.
Registered students will receive details and an Inventor Handbook. Past years' inventors had a blast and came up with fun, simple solutions to their everyday problems. This program is intended to stress creativity - not create stress! Don't forget...
- Student work will be evaluated but the purpose is for kids to learn about the invention PROCESS
- This is an independent study program. All work takes place at home at your own pace and with your own materials, although we encourage you to communicate with us throughout the process
- Inventions can be as simple as a new shape for a popsicle stick!
Registration costs $30. Register before December 22nd.
Parent/Student Info Meeting JANUARY 9th, 6:00-7:00pm
Intent To Invent Form Due: February 1st
The SES Invention Convention will be held February 27th, 2018 6:00-8:00pm (Snow Date Feb 28th) in the cafeteria, with a school walk through during the day and judging/awards in the evening , which is open to all families. Evaluators from the community will serve as judges. Several students will be awarded with a Recognized Inventor certificate and invited to participate in the Regional Convention. From there, inventors may also be invited to attend the State Convention! Last year, three SES students advanced to the State Convention!
Important Invention Convention Dates:
- Parent & Student Info Meeting January 9th 6:00-7:00pm
- Intent to Invent form due February 1st
- SES Invention Convention: February 27th, 2018 6:00-8:00pm
- SES Invention Convention (Snow Date): Feb 28th, 2018 6:00-8:00pm
- Regional CT Invention Convention: March 18th at Hamden Middle School In Hamden, CT
- State CT Invention Convention: April 28th at UCONN in Storrs, CT